Do you or a loved one suffer from a crack cocaine addiction? Feel lost and don't know where to turn for help and answers? You're not alone. Help is only a phone call away. Crack cocaine is a crystal form of cocaine and it is one of the most potent, highly addictive, and dangerous drugs that an individual can use. According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), in the year 2008, about 1.9 million Americans were reported to be using cocaine and 359,000 of these were crack users. If you or a loved one need help beating a crack cocaine addiction, don't wait. Stop the cycle before it’s too late. There are many crack cocaine rehab centers that can help you or a loved one get over an addiction and take back the future. Read on for frequently asked questions regarding crack cocaine addiction, rehabilitation, and recovery.
Fast facts about crack cocaine
Many treatment strategies have been proposed for the proper treatment of moderate to severe crack cocaine addiction, some are more effective and safer than others. Below is some general information on crack cocaine, its use, and its treatment.
- Crack cocaine is a highly addictive and powerful stimulant which is produced by dissolving powdered cocaine in a mixture of water and ammonia or sodium bicarbonate (baking soda). This mixture is then boiled until a solid substance forms. The solid is removed from the liquid, dried, and then broken into chunks.
- Crack cocaine is nearly always smoked, which delivers large quantities of the drug to the lungs, creating an immediate euphoric high. Smoking cocaine tends to engender addiction more quickly than snorting it.
- Crack addiction doesn't just affect the poor, the homeless, or the unemployed. People of all ages and income levels use crack cocaine. Data reported in the National Household Survey on Drug Abuse indicated that an estimated 6.2 % ofU.S. residents aged 12 and older used crack cocaine at least once in their lifetime. About 150,000 individuals aged 12 to 17 and 1,003,000 individuals aged 18 to 25 used the drug at least once.
- Effective methods and treatment programs for crack cocaine addiction have been painstakingly developed over time and are continuously evolving. Don't believe what you've heard about "going cold turkey"; this is not sound medical practice. The first step is detox, typically lasting 5-10 days, where all harmful chemicals are flushed from the body.After that comes a comprehensive treatment plan consisting of one-on-one and group therapy sessions and individualized group meetings. Even after treatment ends, the recovery process continues with aftercare and continued meetings. Always consult a physician or a medical expert when considering treatment.
Keep these important facts in mind when considering which crack cocaine rehabilitation center to select. Do research online and find testimonials from previous clients, as well as information about inpatient and outpatient care and residential rehabilitation programs. Seek advice from your doctor, your counsellor, a licensed recovery specialist, a psychiatrist, or other medical experts.
What do you need to consider when entering a crack cocaine rehab center?
Taking the first step toward beating an addiction is a daunting task, but we're here to help make it easier for you. There are several factors you should consider when selecting a crack cocaine rehab center, including but not limited to:
- Length of stay – How severe is your or your loved one's addiction? Crack cocaine rehab centers provide many different treatment programs, the shortest of which last from 28-30 days and can run up to 90 days, though heavily-addicted clients may need to stay even longer to thoroughly combat the effects of long-term addiction.
- Treatment programs – Many crack cocaine rehab centers have specialized activities, such as behavioural therapy, counselling, individualized group meetings, and aftercare programs. What combination of activities and events is right for you?
- Insurance – Many health insurance plans cover detoxification and rehabilitation. Check with your insurance provider to see if your treatment will be covered under your current plan, and inquire about your deductible, your co-payment, and any other fees or costs.
- Location – This might be the most important factor on the list. Are you willing to travel to a crack cocaine rehab center to receive care, or would you rather receive treatment where you're currently staying (a separate medical center)?Cost is also a factor in this decision, but also be aware of the human element as well.Being near home can make it easier for your loved ones to support you during your treatment. Travelling to a crack cocaine rehab center, on the other hand, can help you avoid the things that trigger your addiction.
Do I need inpatient or outpatient treatment?Outpatient treatment
offers individuals a combination of twelve-step programs, support groups, and one-on-one personal therapy. The length and scope of a personal treatment program will depend on the situation of the individual involved, the diagnosis of a licensed physician, and the length and severity of the addiction. Outpatient treatment for crack cocaine dependency may last for months, or even longer. It is generally considered less effective at combating crack cocaine addiction than inpatient treatment. Inpatient treatment
is the best option for individuals who are dependent on crack cocaine, especially individuals who have a history of chronic abuse.Crack cocaine is one of the most potent and addictive substances in the world, and people who have used crack cocaine for a significant length of time are more heavily addicted to the substance and more likely to need inpatient care at a treatment center. Commonly, people who use crack cocaine obtain it from their social circles. An advantage of inpatient care is that it separates the clients from their supply of crack, isolating them for more effective treatment.Inpatient care includes 24-hour support and supervision by a medical specialist. This treatment usually lasts for a month or more and gives individuals the opportunity to focus more on their recovery. The program often includes counseling, structured activities, and support group therapy. This treatment has been proven to be the most effective approach when treating crack cocaine addiction.
Crack cocaine rehab centers offer the most reliable and most advanced treatment programs to help you overcome crack cocaine addiction. Centers retain a staff of experienced professionals to help you or your loved one break free from crack cocaine addiction. The goal of any treatment center is to effectively treat addiction and help clients resume healthy, productive lives. The center's mission is to assure that every client receives the best treatment, tailored to his or her individual needs. Break the cycle of crack cocaine addiction now. If you or your loved one feels fettered by the chains of a crack cocaine addiction, it's time we handed you the key. It’s never too late. Stand up, fight back, and take your first steps toward a better, brighter tomorrow.If you want to get help or to obtain more information about the crack cocaine rehabilitation center that best fits your needs, our professional representatives are standing by 24 hours a day, seven days a week to provide you with answers. Call 877-257-7997
today. Let us help you take back your life.